Friday, July 23, 2010

The Big Race



I wanted, so much to be a runner, get into the olympics mabye, hopefully.


My big break came when I was in year 9. My PE teacher, Mr. Lowe told me about it. "There's a race down at the local oval for your age group. It's on in two weeks, so I'd train hard if I were you Catherine." He had said. So I did. I trained until everything inside of me hurt like hell.


It was 3 days until the big race when it happened. I had been training, again. I broke my leg.


Mum took me to the doctor's that very afternoon. "I'm sorry, Catherine, you won't be able to compete in the race." The Doctor told me. 'Great!' I thought sarcastically, 'this could've been my big break.'


It was another 3 months until another race came up. I got to compete in that one. And I won. I won a scholarship, including a trainer, a 3 year membership to a gym, and a 5 year scholarship to a running school. It was my big break, and the best day of my life.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dedicated to Elizabeth, the best runner in town. You are going to ace every single race you enter. I know you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment