Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Journey of Life


I'm Brooke and I've just graduated from high school. Now comes the rest of my life. Now comes reality. But what do I want to do with it? I have absolutely no idea. Up until my goal has been to graduate from high school. Well, I've done that. Now what? My parents think I should go to uni. But to go to uni, I have to have some idea of what I want to do. But me, I've got nothing. Not a thing.

Someone once told me that life is a journey, not a destination. You've got to take it slow and steady, just like the tortise in that children's story. Slow and steady wins the race. I guess they're right in a way. If you go speeding off from the starting line, you get tired pretty quick, and eventually you've got to stop and slow down. In the long run, racing doesn't really get you anywhere. In my opinion it's better to go slow, stop relax and enjoy the moments as they pass you by.

I'll decide in my own time what I'd like to do with the rest of my life. But for now, I'll sit back, relax, take it slow and enjoy the ride to my future ahead.

Life is a journey, a path one takes, a path with twists and turns and ups and downs. The path is a journey. The journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment