Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Power Of Friendship

"It's great!" Millie said, a large smile on her face that reached her eyes and made them bright.
"Is it for real though? I mean, how?" Caitlin asked.
"Yeah," Millie answered. "I know. It seems too good to be true, doesn't it? I mean talking to animals! It's like The Wild Thornberrys... Only, real." Caitlin said slowly.
"It only works with Angel," said Millie, sighing quietly. "It'd be great if it worked with other animals too, but..." She shrugged. "You know, I guess you can't be too greedy."
"No. You've got to be grateful for what you've got," said Caitlin, nodding.

"But how did it happen? I mean, you couldn't always talk to Angel... Could you?"
"No, but I found out about this guy. He's got a super power. He can give the person the power to speak to an animal who they share a strong connection. It costs though."
"What?"
"The guy, he says that all magic comes with a price. It's taxing on him, when he uses that power so you have to prove that you and your animal are worth him using his magic, his power, on you."
"How?" Caitlin asked. "How do you prove it?"
"There's a test. So I had to take Angel in so he could see how we interact. Then he talked to her, I think part of his power is that he can talk to any animal. Then, I went in and answered a couple of questions. If you pass those stages, there's a little fee and that's it."
"Do you think Petal and I could do it."
"You know what? I think you could. I mean, you two seem really tight," Millie said. "This test is a real test..." The two friends started giggling a while before Millie could continue. "A real test of the power of your friendship. I think the friendship you and Petal share is really powerful. So go, give it a go!"

"Millie! We did it!" Caitlin said excitedly over the phone. "I can talk to Petal! Really talk to her!"
"That's awesome Caitlin!"
"But how did you ever go without it?" Caitlin asked in a whisper. "How did you ever not talk to Angel?"
"Honestly?" Millie asked. "I don't know. I don't know how I ever managed it, and I can't imagine ever going without again."

No comments:

Post a Comment