Tuesday, March 31, 2015

It Takes Two

Slowly, she looked up, brushing the hair from her eyes to see her friend's smiling face looking back at her. "Hey now," she said gently. "Don't give him the satisfaction."
"What?" She said quietly.
"Don't cry over him Tonya," her friend said. "He's not worth your tears.
"No," said Tonya, standing up and brushing a stray hair from her face. "You're right. What am I supposed to do? I have to... I have to get back at him..."
"No," still her friend's voice was calm.  "That would be stooping down to his level. Do you really want to do that? Because you and I both know that you're better than that."
"I am," said Tonya, squeezing her friend's hand. "You are so smart!"
Her friend laughed. "Thank you," she said, "but it's just me. It's just how I think."

"So what do I do then?" Tonya asked. "There are other ways to get revenge," said her friend, giving her a sidelong wink. "Other, indirect ways. All you've got to do is show him how good you are."
"Yes," said Tonya, "go out, live life and have fun doing it!"
"That's the spirit!"

"It wasn't just him though," said her friend, her tone a touch more serious than before. "You've got to remember that. He may have been the one who hurt you the most, but it takes two to tango."
"I can't keep ignoring it," said Tonya, "can't keep ignoring her. So how do I show her?"
"Her?" Said her friend, "the best thing to do is just forget her. Because, though it takes two to tango, he's the one who made that choice."

No comments:

Post a Comment