Friday, June 9, 2017

Living In A Rainbow

From my post, high up here, I can see the world. Lush green, grassy hills that stretch on for ages, and the ocean far beyond that, a bright, yet deep blue that sparkles magically as the light hits it. Above me, there are clouds, a soft, calm, smokey grey spread across an endless expanse of breathtaking cornflower blue.

Where I sit, way up high, there's quite a chill in the air. But not that awful winter chill that is so cold it hurts when you touch something. No. This chill is like the cool breeze on a warm summer's day. One that, when you've been out in the heat of the day, is overwhelmingly pleasant to experience. Yet, the cool air still sends shivers down my spine.

The colours surrounding me are so vividly beautiful. So bright they're almost blinding. The blue of the sky above and the sea below. The green of the grass, the hills and the trees. The dazzling yellow of the sun. The vibrant red of a bird flying by. The flowers, a deep shade of bright indigo, that from this great height, look like tiny little speckles of colour. The striking orange of a fire, blazing strong in a forest clearing.

This is my life, in the cool, refreshing bubble that is my perch high above the world, surrounded by a splendid array of vibrant colours. Yes, this is my life, and a lucky one at that. My life. Living in a rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment