Saturday, September 4, 2010

Abandoned



Wendy was small when she was abandoned by her parents. Her grandparents had found her on their front doorstep, in a basket, a small suitcase next to it and a note sitting at little Baby Wendy's feet.


They took her in. Her grandfather took the note from the basket and read it. "Mum and Dad, I am a mess, I'm afraid I can't tell you what's going on apart from the fact that Ive gone crazy. Please take care of Wendy for me. She doesn't deserve to be where I am. I hope you can forgive me, Moira." It read. So they did as Moira had asked, and looked after Wendy and raised her as their own.


Wendy never knew anything of her mother, she thought that her grandparents must have been her parents. That was until her grandmother, Susan sat with her three days after her seventeenth birthday and told her everything.


"So you're not my parents, your my grandparents?" Wendy concluded. "That's right dear." Susan nswered. "Where are my parents then?" "I wouldn't have a clue. They left you on our door step and fled. You were three weeks old. " Susan explained. "Wait right there, Wendy. I want to show you something. I'll be right back." Susan told her, and bustled out of the room. She returned, moments later with the note Wendy had been left with, the basket she had come in and the suitcase that had been left with her, all the things still inside it.


Then, Susan handed Wendy two notes, one from her mother and one from her father. "There was a list of instructions your grandfather and I found inside the suitcase. We didn't follow any but one of them. That was their wish for us to tell you of them three days after your seventeenth birthday." Susan said. "So we did," concluded Wendy's grandfather Fred, walking into the room and joining Wendy and Susan on the couch.


"I want nothing to do with them." Wendy decided after examining everything her parents had left behind. "They can't abandon me like they did and then come back, begging me to take them back. It's not right and it's not happening" "That's alright, Wendy. It is your choice, Love." Fred reminded her, gently patting her on the back. "Good on you." He added quickly. "We wanted you to have a choice, Wendy, we wanted you to know the truth. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dedicated to Grandad, thanks for always being there when I need you the most. Happy Father's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment