Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A New Life

There was always something different about me. I had known it all my life. I had never been popular at school. But instead, a nerd. They had all called me "Reni the Genie". But not in a nice way. In a mean, joking, mocking way. Not that I cared. I just tried to keep a low profile and keep my grades up. That was all that mattered to me. Being invisible, and accademics. To put it simply, the rest could go find a door if they didn't like it. I didn't care. I still don't

I discovered my power 2 weeks ago today. I'm a scientist now, a year out of uni, aged 22. I just simply spread my arms out, and up, up, up into the air I went. I could fly! I can fly! I can't believe it! These types of things, they just don't happen. I decided I had to get away. If my family found out, they'd disown me. If my boy friend found out, he'd dump me. I had to get away. I just knew it. Otherwise, I'd be dead.

So, I quit my job, faked my own death spread my arms out, and went flying. Looking for somewhere else to go. Somewhere else to live. Somewhere to start my new life. I decided to change my name to Regina Fitzgerald. That way, no one would find out my true identity, and realise what I'd done.

I settled for a dessert and put my arms back at my sides. The small suitcase of belongings I carried in my right arm sped up my crash landing. I rushed, as fast as lightening, feeling the pull of gravity, as I fell on the ground with a large crash.

A man who looked around my age stepped out from behind a boulder and helped me up. "Thanks." I said. "I'm Re.." I almost blew my cover and said Reni. Oops. "Regina. I'm Reina." "Reece." Said the man. "Gosh! I've been stuck out here for so long, I never thought I'd see another human again." Reece exclaimed. He sounded happy, relieved even.

We became good friends as the weeks passed. He showed me how he had been living and helped me build my own home and furniture and all.

Over the weeks, I learnt that Reece also had a power. He could tell the future. "I could tell you were coming." Reece had told me, and then he had gone on to explain how he had a power and what it was. His twin brother Ivan, was a pilot. He had flown over the dessert with Reece, and thrown him out. Reece, with his future telling power knew it was coming and so, like I had done packed a little suitcase that he had taken with him.

Reece also told me that he too had taken on a new identity as Reece McDonald. He had then told me his original name- Reg McKenzie. I then told him mine- Reni FitzSimmons.

I loved life with Reece. It was really simple. Our friendship quickly turned into love. I ended up moving in with him, taking some of my stuff with me, including all the stuff in the suitcase I had bought with me to the dessert.

To this day, Reece and I still live happily in the desert in the middle of nowhere.

To Be Continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment