Monday, February 21, 2011

Wrong Wedding!

We pulled up to the park and I waited for the driver to open my door so I could get out and begin my huge life changing walk down that all fateful, all life changing aisle. I was all phsched up as the driver opened the door and helped me out of the long, white strech limo. I began walking toward the aisle.

When I got there, I met who I thought was my father and he walked me down the aisle. I didn't realise the error until I reached the arch where me and my partner Paul were to be married.

The astonished groom let go of my hands as quick as a snap. "You're not Emma." He gasped, almost in a whisper. "You're not Paul." I looked closely at the man in front of me, realising he was not Paul. Quickly, I picked up the sides of my dress and sprinted as much as I could back down the aisle.

The driver had waited at the end of the aisle and quickly sprung to attention when he realised I was charging toward him. "This is the wrong wedding!" I hissed at him. "I'd like you to take me to my own wedding now thank you." With that, I charged up the steps and waited for the driver at the limo.

Finally, I was standing with Paul under the arch at the right wedding. My wedding. Everyone clapped and cheered as we sealed our vows with a kiss. "It was a long road, but we finally got here." Paul whispered in my ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment