Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beautiful as a Butterfly

I used to be huge. I'm not afraid of saying it, because at the time, it was the truth. The complete honest truth. When I was 19, I started getting overweight. At the young age of 23, I decided it was time to change. Time to win my life back. Time to regain my life for good. So, I applied for the biggest loser, and got in. This is my story: The first day was really hard. I learnt my weight to be a huge, disgusting 180 kilos. I was put on Shannon Ponton's team. Blue. I was happy with that. Blue was my favourite colour. It always had been. The first week, I lost 5.9 kilos, making my new weight 174.1 kilos. Next week was 6.7, then 8.3, 7.4 and finally 5.8. But unfortunately, that was my last in my 5 weeks of huge numbers. After that, I was down to 145.9 kilos. The next week, having lost only 1.8 kilos, I was sent home. By finale, I had lost 72.4, making my weight now 107.6. I still had a while to go, but based on how far, it seemed worth it. My goal weight is 73 kilos, meaning I've still got to lose about 34.6 kilos. Though I've still got weight to loose, I feel I am emerging from the cocoon in which I've been hiding for so long. I am now a beautiful butterfly, flying out to explore this new world given to me all through a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment