Friday, March 19, 2010

Autumn Adventure


The view was amazing. It was autumn in Hillstop Mountain and the sweet, late afternoon breeze smelled of wildflowers. I came here often. Sometimes with someone, and sometimes, like that day, I came alone.

I had always sat there, admiring the view. But that day, I wanted to be different. I wanted to explore, what was beyond the autumn tree. So I did. I got up, and began strolling along the hill. Past the tree and then another one.

I came to a hill. So I lay down, on the soft, fresh, green grass and began rolling, down, down, down the hill I went. It seemed endless, like I would never stop rolling. But then, suddenly it was darker. It slowly closed in around me. I began to get frightened. It felt as if the ground was moving beneath me now. Mabye it was. But how would I know?

I had been trapped now for at least a half hour. I had fallen asleep. I now lay awake, still frightened. My senses told me I was in a sack. I looked up. But I couldn't see anything. Nothing but darkness.

Surely, my mother would be worried. I only spent 45 minutes near the autumn tree. I wasn't sure but I could sense that an hour had passed.

Mabye 15 minutes later, the sack began to open, light filled the sack. Fresh air. I took a deep breath of it. Slowly, the sack opened up even more. I started to climb out. "Hello." Said a confused voice. I looked up, squinting to try and make out the face. It was an elderly man. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were in there Love. I would've let you out otherwise." He said. "I'll take you home if you like." He said. 'no!' I thought. 'Don't go with strangers!' So instead, I said. "Could you just give me directions to the hill you took me from?"

So the man gave me directions, I found my way home and told my mum all about the adventure I had had that day over a nice warm cup of hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment