Thursday, February 20, 2014

Not Like The Movies

"I thought we'd last forever..."
"I know, I'm sorry Sweetie," her mother said sympathetically, rubbing her back. "That's love though I suppose."
"He just..." Said Anna, "I don't believe it. I don't... don't understand."
"I'm sorry Anna." Her mother said again. "It's not like the movies but that's how it should be."
"Why isn't it?" Anna asked desperately, looking up at her mother with tear filled eyes.
"I don't know sweetheart." Said her mother. "I guess the men in the movies are the ideals."
"So, there won't ever be a movie romance?"
"Oh no Anna. There will be. Just you wait," her mother said, a small smile forming across her lips.


"It's not always like the movies, but when it is, it's rare, so when you find it, hold onto it."
"But how..."
"It'll feel like a fairytale, or like a love story from the movies," said her mother, "believe me, you'll know."
"Will I ever find anyone else?" Anna asked. "I thought... I thought he was the one and then he left..."
"And your heart shattered into hundreds of pieces." Weakly, Anna nodded.
"He's out there Anna, somewhere, and he's looking for you, just as you're looking for him."
"Really?"
"Yes, and when you find him, that's when."
"When what?"
"When it will be like the movies. "


"Anna," her mother said, looking seriously into her daughter's eyes as she took her hands in her own. "I want you to promise me something, ok Flicka?"
"Flicka?" Anna questioned, "promise you what?"
"When you find him, hold on," her mother said. "Because, I found him, and I knew it was him. I could feel it. But I let it go. I let him go. It all just... slipped away. Promise me you'll try at least. I don't want the same heartache I felt when that ended for you, my flicka."
"Ok," Anna said. "But flicka? what's flicka?"
"It's what he used to call me." Her mother said, a little saddened by the memory. "Flicka. Beautiful girl."
"It's not like the movies, Anna, but when it is, it's incredible." Her mother said again after a moment. "So don't let it go."

No comments:

Post a Comment