Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Stars



Little Michaela looked curiously up at the night sky, her eyes wandering as she looked at the stars, as if she were searching for something.
"Mamma, where do you think they come from?" She asked, tearing her eyes away from the stars above to look at her mother.
"Where does what come from?"
"The stars."
"I don't know," her mother said thoughtfully, following her young daughter's gaze. "But, my Grandmother used to tell me this story when I was little, about stars."
"What did she say?"
"Well, she said that when we've finished what we're supposed to do, here on Earth, we rise up and become stars. Watching over the world. She said my Grandpa was up there somewhere, and one day, she'd join him."
"I like that." Said Michaela. "Do you think they're up there now?"
Her mother nodded, pointing. "See those two right there, how they seem to shine brighter than the others, like they're calling out to us?"
"Yeah."
"I think that's them." As if to agree with her, one star twinkled and Michaela's mother smiled, seeing it. "I see you Grandma, I see you." She whispered, looking up at the twinkling star before she took Michaela's hand to lead her back inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment