Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hesitant Love



I had been in love with the same man for 3 years straight. The only problem was, he was dating someone else. But one day, he finally noticed me...


"Hi." He said. "Carmel, isn't it?" "Yes." I replied. "Aren't you General Mulligan?" "Yes I am." He replied. The guy was an army general.


We went out for coffee and talked. I told him about my job as a paramedic, and he about his job as a military general.


On our third date, he told me his first name. "My name is Roger." He had sounded embarrased. "Don't be embarrased." I rubbed his back. "Roger is a nice name." I was trying to impress him. And it worked. He asked me out again.


One month later, we had our tenth date. We went out dancing, and then to a nice little cafe in Colourvale.


On our 50th date, something amazing happened. Roger propsed to me. And I said yes.


We were married 1 year later on the date when he first noticed me. The fifth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment