Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Second Chance



I had been sitting by the window in my room for ages. Waiting. I was waiting for my best friend Summer to arrive at our doorstep. Just then, my mother came in to my room and sat on my bed.


"Summer's not coming, sweetheart." She said, apologetically. "What? Why not?" I felt a tear stream down my eyes. "Her mother rang me before. She said she doesn't want Summer to associate with you as your a bad influence." Mum explained. "Apparently." She added. "You've got to be joking." I didn't want to beleive what Mum had said. "I'm afraid I'm not." Mum sighed, and left the room.


I sat in my room for days, trying to think of a plan to overcome Sumer's mother. She'd always liked me, I couldn't believe this sudden change within her.


Mum thought of an idea in the last week of summer holidays. She talked to Summer's mum over the phone. They talked for a long time. And eventually Mum convinced Summer's mum to give me a second chance.


"I've done it, Coralie." Mum smiled. So it was agreed, the next holidays Summer would come over again. And I would have a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment