Saturday, April 10, 2010

Double Blind Date



One of my friends had organised a blind date for my best friend Jane and I. So we decided, since we both had a blind date, to make it a double blind date.


So we met that night at Cupids Arrow Cafe, one of the most romantic cafes in Colourvale. Jane and I met first, out the front and then waited for our dates to arrive. Jane had said that her blind date would be wearing dark blue and his name was Collin. Mine had said he would be wearing light blue and that his name was Derek.


Around 15 minutes after Jane had arrived, our blind dates arrived. Together. They both looked puzzled, as they looked around what looked like for somebody. Most likely Jane and I.


The one in dark blue spotted us and nudged the man in light blue. They walked over. "Hi Jane right?" asked the man in dark blue. "Yes." Jane sounded slightly nervous. But then again, this was her first blind date. "I'm Collin"


"You must be Derek." I said to the man in light blue who was standing beside me. There was silence amongst us for a split second. Then Derek spoke. "Yes." He too seemed slightly nervouss. "I'm Madison." I replied.


"Should we go in?" Asked Derek, beginning to usher Jane inside. "Sure." I said, following Derek and Jane, Collin by my side.


Halfway into the date I realised something was wrong so I went to the restrooms, gesturing for Jane to follow me. She did.


"Have you noticed something wrong going on in our date." I asked her, we sat on the couches provided in the sink section of the ladies room. "Yes." Jane agreed. "I think we like eachother's dates!" We said in unison, staring at each other.


Meanwhile, back at our table, Collin and Derek were saying the same thing. "I think I like your date Col." Derek confessed. "I think I like Jane." Collin agreed.


When we came out of the restrooms, they told us what they had discussed. "Oh good." I said. "We were thinking the same thing!"


So I ended up ending the date with Derek, and Jane with Collin.

No comments:

Post a Comment